Mason Jenkins
Mrs. Wilhelmus
AP English Language
23 July 2013
The Beginning
The first question, “Who are you?” seems like a very
simple question to answer. But the more
you think about it, the harder it is to understand and accurately answer. What does that even mean? What makes you who you are? I believe that characteristics and background
are major factors in determining who you are.
But it can also be deeper than that.
The second question, “Where does the world come from?” is a tough
question and it is impossible to get everyone to agree on the same answer. It all depends on your belief.
The simple answer is that I am Mason Jenkins. I am a student athlete that attends North
High School as a junior and plays football and soccer. I am also involved in leadership roles in the
school such as class vice president. I
am one of the hardest workers you will meet and I always strive to be the
best. My goals are always out of reach,
but never out of sight. I can be quiet
or shy at times, but I can also be fun and outgoing if I am comfortable with
you. I enjoy doing anything outdoors or
sports related. My friends and teammates
will say that I am smart, a great athlete, and a future meteorologist. These are some of the things that I think
help answer the question, “Who are you?”
There is more to it though. You cannot truly describe who you are to
someone. Nobody else understands
you. They do not understand how you
feel, what you think, and why you do what you do. You are the only one who actually knows and
understands who you are.
Then there is the question, “Where does the world come
from?” People have been trying to find
an answer to this question that everyone can agree on for many years. So far, nobody has found that answer and I
don’t think they ever will. Everyone was
taught and believes something different.
Some people think that everything was formed by a big bang and others
think that there is a god that created everything. I am a Christian and have always been taught
that God was the creator of the universe and everything in it. In Sophie’s
World, Sophie brings up the argument that something cannot come from
nothing. I agree with that statement and
I think that God was always there.
No comments:
Post a Comment